Center for General Surgery
Surgery has a long tradition at Wehrle-Diakonissen Private Hospital, location Andräviertel.
The Center for General Surgery not only offers a focus on classic and venous surgery, but also on all established forms of minimally invasive surgery. With respect to priorities all established forms of minimally invasive surgery are implemented.
Gallbladder surgery, minimally invasive hernia surgery and colon surgery are performed by employing a techniques known as "keyhole surgery", using 3 mm instruments and camera technology. This procedure reduces the postoperative pain and inflammatory reactions, thereby shortening the hospital stay.
Another focus of our center is the surgical treatment of the many diseases that can afflict the rectum (proctology).
Between staff and attending surgeons, all traditional surgical interventions and treatments are possible.
General surgery – range of services
- acute surgical intervention (eg inflammation of the appendix, bowel obstruction)
- outpatient surgery (atheromas, carbuncles, abscesses, ingrown nails, etc.)
- gall bladder surgery
- abdominal hernias (inguinal hernia, incisional hernia, umbilical hernia)
- intestinal surgery, colon cancer prevention
- hemorrhoids surgery
- thyroid surgery
- surgery of the entire gastrointestinal tract (esophagus, hiatus hernia, stomach, small, intestine, colon, rectal diseases)
- visceral surgery (gall bladder, liver, spleen, etc.)
- endoscopy (gastroscopy and colonoscopy with polyp removal if necessary)
- conservative therapy in general surgical diseases
What is special about our center is the high standard of surgical intervention with the use of the most modern and recognized methods. The straightforward structure of our facility enables personal contact between surgeon and patients.
Free consultations with our hemorrhoids specialist
Michael Zukriegel, M.D., every Tuesday from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM,
as a special service courtesy of Wehrle-Diakonissen Private Hospital, location Andräviertel.
Would you like to quickly and effectively speak about your symptoms with our hemorrhoids specialist Michael Zukriegel? We encourage you to take advantage of this free service and call our office for an individual appointment.
Appointments at: +43 (0)662 905 09-448 (Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM)
Haydnstraße 18, 5020 Salzburg
We look forward to hearing from you!
Phone: +43 (0)662 905 09-447